Handicapped Children & Women's Aid
At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received or how much money we have made. Not even by how many great personal achievements we have made. We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in."
HCWA is the dream of Ritika and Vinay Kumar, who started out on this venture in 2004 along with a few relatives and friends. Their mission was to help underprivileged children and women in distress. The endeavour got officially registered as an Indian Non-Governmental Organization under the Society Act in 2004.
At HCWA, we aim to empower our target communities by conducting programmes related to education, literacy and health awareness. As an organization, we have been focusing on creating equal opportunities of learning for the underprivileged children and ensuring easy access to quality care for the distressed women of our society. All our efforts are concentrated on creating a conscientious society that shares resources and cares for all, especially the marganalised.
Our mission is to promote optimal health and well-being of disempowered women and children by:
- Conducting a series of public awareness programmes on issues related to their education and health needs.
- Organising continuous learning programmes for children, youth and their families.
- Conducting extensive research to explore the underlying issues in fighting for the rights of the disabled and ensuring equal opportunities for all.
- Conducting activities focused on skill development and knowledge transfer among under privileged children, women, organizations and other individuals.
- Providing support for the cultural, intellectual as well as socio-economic development by building awareness and conducting rehabilitation programmes for deprived women and disabled children.
- Building awareness and advocating child rights.
- Offering relief to those affected by natural calamities and organizing rehabilitation projects for their development.
- Conducting campaigns for greening the earth while concentrating on the effects of climatic changes on our projects.
- To build an urban community where all children and women are aware of their rights, are able to fight against social injustice, are smart enough to avail opportunities that can help them grow and are empowered to build a bright future for themselves.
- To create a world in which all children are cared for, feel protected and given opportunities to grow and develop to their fullest extent, in a secure community that provides them support to emerge as responsible citizens of tomorrow.
- To make a difference in the world that we live in, by eliminating poverty and ensuring a life of security and dignity for the marginalised sections of our society.
- Rehabilitation and provision of food, shelter and education to orphans, semi-orphans, disabled, child laborers and the economically backward.
- Sensitization of destitute women and adolescent girls and encourage them to fight for their legitimate, Constitutionally-guaranteed rights and entitlements.
- Empowerment of women from the weaker sections of the society and helping them find gainful employment.
- Sponsorship of midday meals in schools for the under privileged.
- Creation of awareness amongst the public about education, health, sanitation, consumer rights, environment, socio-economic rights and road safety.
- Organization of workshops, seminars, feasibility studies, outreach programmes, impact studies and awareness campaigns on health, educational policies, legal issues relating to children and women developmental activities.
- Establishment of integrity, unity as well as communal harmony.
- Support and conduct programmes related to adult literacy.
Changing the course of children's lives, one grain at a time. HCWA steers children towards a better life with better awareness, better life skills, and better opportunities, in the journey from childhood to livelihood.